“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"One thing I struggled with..."

"One thing I struggled with for some time, was when my children ended up in detention (as minors), then lock-up detention, and then the court appearances that followed.  For a long time, I felt like a failure as a mother.  How could my kid(s) end up here?  What if I run into someone I know?  Then, one day as I was entering the building it hit me....there were other mothers there, who probably felt the same way!  I suddenly felt at ease, and began chatting with one of them.  We both acknowledged the same feelings in each other, and for the first time, I knew I wasn't alone in dealing with this.  I wasn't a failure, I was simply a mother supporting my child who was learning one of the consequences of a life decision."