“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"I wish we all would be a little more gentle with one another. "

"The first day of my college public speaking class, my professor told us of some counsel he received by a general authority of our church, given to all the English and communication professors on campus. It was a reminder that they specifically tread on holy ground as they read and listen to stories from their students, most often in regards to the deepest, most personal things from their lives. Their stories

"I feel similarly about blogging and social networks. The Internet is a place of sharing. Instead, we sometimes use it as the place to assign judgement and make assumptions based on the smallest snippets of other people's lives.

"Marvin J. Ashton said, 'If we could all look into each other's hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.' 

"I try to be so mindful of that when I interact on the Internet. I wish we all would be a little more gentle with one another. "