“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"It's really easy for me to love and connect with those..."

"It's really easy for me to love and connect with those who are brutally honest with their struggles; or the person who questions their testimony; the person who battles addiction; the person married to an addict; and the parent of a troubled child. This also includes the gay person questioning where they fit in with the church; the person battling mental or emotional problems; and the person lost in their grief. I feel this way as well with the older unmarried member; the childless couple; and the lost sheep.

"What I really have a hard time with is loving those who label the above as a flight risk, a trouble maker, a bad influence, a question mark, or someone who 'just needs to have more faith' (please, can we please stop saying that to each other?)

"But I'm trying, because Christ didn't say love thy neighbor that you agree with, or connect with, or understand. That love applies to everyone. I'm not there yet, but I'm trying."