“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"There is a wonderful messiness in religion..."

"Living in Utah you may think that there isn’t much diversity, but in any given neighborhood, hidden by a familiar appearance, there are diverse ideas, opinions, and conversation of real people that I’m hungry to experience.

"There is a wonderful messiness in religion, scripture, prophetic statements, and church history.  I find it exhausting being around those who try and pretend it isn’t so. More often than not in church meetings I hear extreme efforts to put the church and its doctrines in a pretty and perfect little package. 

"I learn more from the messiness rather than the sanitized version.  I’m tired of trying to fit into the standard cookie cutter in which I don’t want to fit. I want better asked questions to ponder and wrestle with, and fewer regurgitated answers. I want to hear ideas and opinions discussed, and even kindly debated, rather than have the opinions of local and general leaders blindly accepted without exploration or strong, inquisitive dialogue. 

"I want to fight my way into figuring out truth, rather than have it laid before me and peer pressured into accepting.  I want it to be typical practice to agree to disagree in Gospel Doctrine and Relief Society, and not have those around me fear for their own testimony—or mine."