“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"As I thumbed through photos..."


As I thumbed through photos in my iPhotos app this evening, and saw one beautiful, black and white, female headshot after another, I paused and considered what I was witnessing. Each face has a story behind it. Some happy stories, many sad. Some victorious, others still fighting the good fight. But all of them had one quality in common: honesty

I reflected on the courage these faces have shown. The pluckiness to uncover their venerability and throw it to the masses. I admire them all. Some are anonymous, and for good reason. Their identities are safely tucked away, and I will soon forget who said what. Some are already gone from my memory. I think this is a blessing for the souls who have trusted me with their soft underbellies. (That, or I'm old...)

As Real Life Mormon Women continues this journey, I hope others will find it within themselves to open up. In the short time RLMW has lived, connections have been made. Women are realizing there are others who feel the same way they do. No longer do they feel isolated in their struggles and opinions. That alone gives one the guts to gird up, tighten her laces, and keep pulling forward.


To all those black and white faces, thank you. I’m a better person because you held your breath and jumped.