“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"Having a learning disability and struggling all through school ..."

"Yesterday I was at one of my children’s schools discussing my daughter's yearly assessment in the speech program, and how she has made leaps and bounds, all the while thinking to myself, 'Be careful how you communicate.' 

"Having a learning disability and struggling all through school has not made me confident when I am around those that I know have more education under their belt than myself. I felt then, and still do at times, that the moment I open my mouth I will come across as uneducated (especially when surrounded by a room full of people that are highly educated).

"This was something that was really hard for me as I served a full-time mission for the church, given some of my areas included universites and state colleges. This in no way has ever made my testimony waver; if anything it was strengthened. Knowing that I am a daughter of God, and having amazing parents that instilled in me the values of hard work and independence, has given me the knowledge that I can be successful in so many other ways. Don’t get me wrong, I still struggle, but I know that there is a purpose to everything. 

"You see, 1 of our 3 children has a learning disability. I may not be highly educated, but I actually know what she is going through and how she is feeling about school. I am able to teach her so many techniques that helped me through school 

"I know we all have struggles, whether they are open to others to see, or something that only we know of personally. I know that my mind works differently than other's, and that does not make me any less of a person. I know I learn things so differently than others, and can use that to my advantage, and help others as well."