“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"I was having a particularly hard day..."

"I was having a particularly hard day when my children were younger. I was discouraged. I couldn't keep up with the laundry, the dishes, the cleaning—everything just seemed to be caving in around me. Ok, I had many hard days.

"Often, when I had/have days like that, I pray. I consider God to be one of my best friends. He is my dad. He is the dad of my spirit and I love Him. I learned early that He understands me. He understands my heart. He is there when no one else is. Often when I needed to cry, I would cry in the shower. It became a cleansing time for me, in more ways than one. I always start an open-ended prayer for the day there as well.

"Over the years, my open-ended prayer has lasted throughout the day. Just when I needed extra help, I learned to just start talking in my head.'Ok Heavenly Father, I really need your help....' 'Please help me get through this phone call...' 'Are you still there?'

"This particular day in question, I had started that morning with my usual prayer in the shower. I found myself starting to sing that Primary song in my head,'Heavenly Father, are you really there?' I got a big smile on my heart and changed the next line, 'Do you hear and answer every Mother's prayer,' and then continued singing OUT LOUD the rest of the song, 'Some say that Heaven is far away...'

"Throughout the day, as struggles happened and I was waning with how to emotionally hold up, that song popped back in my head. Then the clincher happened that has changed my outlook forever. The TV was on in the other room and I heard that annoying beep, beep, beep come across, and the words, 'This is a test, it is only a test.' But IMMEDIATELY, the words went into my mind: 'This LIFE is a test, it is only a test.'

"Two miracles happened that day that changed my outlook forever.  Now, whenever I hear the song, 'A Child's Prayer,' or that annoying beeping, I remember back to the day that a loving Heavenly Father helped change my life. No longer do I hear the beeping as annoying, but rather a 'tapping and a smile from Heavenly Father,' reminding me I am simply taking a test to see if I learned what He taught me before I came to earth.  He is the best Dad out there."