“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"I've come to terms with the fact that I may not ever get married."

"I've come to terms with the fact that I may not ever get married. I come from a culture that teaches that the purpose of life is to marry; and together with your one true love, bring life into this world. Then to raise them up right and fill this world with righteous souls. That might not happen here. 

"Instead, I'll add my influence to the righteous souls of those around me.  That also means I'm on my own for home repairs, retirement, and weekend entertainment. I made jokes for the first 27 years of my life that I was looking for a man who was saving double in his 401(k)—some for me, some for him. But a couple years ago I scheduled an appointment with a financial guy to learn about Roth IRAs, mutual funds, and life insurance policies. I'd rather poke my eyes out with pencils than talk to strangers about my money, but as far as I knew, no one else was saving for my retirement, so I was on line to take care of it myself. 

"After every conversation (and there are many) when someone says, 'Your time will come,' or, 'Don't settle,' or, 'You'll get married; I just know it!"' I silently say to myself, 'It's okay if it doesn't happen.'"