“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"...my daughter was diagnosed with a rare chromosome disorder..."

"For as long as I can remember, I have struggled with some level of anxiety, but have felt it was something I could manage."  

"Then three years ago, my daughter was diagnosed with a rare chromosome disorder. Because of her diagnosis we deal with developmental delays and never ending health issues with her.  Her chromosome disorder was the cause of her developing cancer when she was 2, and will ultimately lead to more cancer (among other things) later in life.  

"Because of this, or at least mainly because of this, I feel like I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.  My anxiety has gone to levels I never thought it could.  I have developed fears and anxieties over things I had never even given thought to ever before.  It is something I am trying to get a grip on, but it's not easy.

"I struggle when people tell me to 'Just have faith! Everything will work out!'  Having faith is not the issue.  I have it.  Oh, do I ever.  But having faith does not mean everything will 'work out' so to speak.  Faith does not necessarily mean there will be an absence of trials.  Faith did not stop my daughter from getting cancer, it will not stop her from getting it again. It doesn't take the worry away, or the pain, or the wondering. Faith WILL, however, give me the courage and strength to get up and carry the burden that Heavenly Father has asked me to carry."