“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"I feel like there is this unspoken rule..."

"I feel like there is this unspoken rule in the LDS culture where if you praise your body, and think of yourself as beautiful, you're being haughty and conceited. So instead we point out and compare 'flaws.' We put ourselves down, as if we're making sure we are staying humble.

"Seeing the beauty in your body does not make you vain. Tearing yourself down does not make you humble. It's just the opposite. We are God's greatest creation. Every time you talk negatively about your body, you are criticizing His finest piece of work. His greatest joy. His crowning glory. If I painted a masterpiece, and my child told me that it wasn't good enough, was too big, too small, too tall, too short, not the right color, or just plain ugly, I would be crushed. Why would Heavenly Father feel any different when he hears us speak so harshly about our bodies?"