“We are all in this together. We need each other. Oh, how we need each other.”

(Marjorie Pay Hinckley)


Long overdue honest social media.

"I have an unhealthy fear of death..."

"I have an unhealthy fear of death. Scenarios run through my head all the time of how I'll have to tell my husband that I've found our baby lifeless in his crib, or how a close family member will have to tell our three year old that his mommy and daddy aren't coming home, etc. I fear myself dying and leaving my family behind just as much as I fear my family members dying. I can't stop the macabre thinking, and it's often kept me up at night. 

"I fully believe in life after death, and in the plan of salvation. I know I will see my family again in heaven, and I have no doubt that I will spend eternity with my husband and children. But that does not help me in my fear of death.

"I've even made a deal with God. Soon after the birth of our second son, I was unable to sleep because I was crippled with the thought of losing my sweet newborn. Per the advice of my mother, I knelt down and pleaded with the Lord to please protect my family and keep us safe from death. I promised to do something that in the past I've neglected doing on a daily basis, and I would fully put my faith in Him and his plan for us, all the while hoping that His plan would not take us prematurely from this earth.

"This deal has eased my fears somewhat, to the point that I can sleep at night without sobs racking my body, but the scenarios still run through my head. I hope that as I explore the gospel more and more each day, that my faith grows stronger and my trust in the Lord can assure me there is no need to fear this to the extent that I have."